Little Bits of Chocolate Heaven

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

















Well, it took a bit, but I mastered the cake bite thing. The results are perfectly shaped melt-in-your-mouth bits of chocolate heaven.

The steps:
1. Bake a cake, any cake. I baked Devil's Food.
2. Crumble the cake into fine crumbs.
3. Mix in some kind of gooey sweet stuff. I mixed half of the cake with chocolate fudge topping (about half the jar).
The other half was mixed with coconut/pecan frosting for German Chocolate cake. The result is a gooey play doh.
4. Roll the mixture into balls.
5. Place on wax paper and place in the fridge or freezer until balls are firm.
6. Melt coating and coat balls with coating and let them set up.
7. To create my perfectly formed bites, I used a candy mold.
8. I coated the inside of the mold with 3 thin layers of chocolate.
9. Once the balls were thawed enough to be moldable, I mashed them into the mold to shape them tightly.
10. I pulled the balls out of the mold, added a bit of melted chocolate and put the balls back in the mold.
11. Then I poured more chocolate around the balls and over the top.
12. Once the chocolate was cooled (about 5 minutes), I popped the bites out of the mold and drizzled melted white chocolate over them.



These are the chocolate fudge bites. They are rich and deep in flavor.
















These are the coconut/pecan bites. They are absolutely incredible!


The journey to get here was long, but worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Not Quite Domestic. Design by Pocket