Sampler Quilt

Friday, May 7, 2010

My project for this month is a quilt I made for Don.  After I finished Talara's quilt, Don asked if he could have one too.  This top was almost pieced from large green plaid squares, so it was easy to promise the next quilt to him. 
This was my favorite quilt so far because I just practiced on it.  I found a bunch of different quilt patterns and tried something new in each square.  By the end of the quilt my method had improved a lot and I gained a lot of confidence in what I can do with the machine.  I used a solid color for the back so the patterns would show up. 

The completed quilt. The colors aren't very true here, but you get the idea. And you can even see some of the pattern
Closer look at the patterns.


You can see meandering, paisleys, leaves, water, stars, hearts, and much more.

This a design just for Don. I call it fish hooks on a line.

I can't wait to start my next quilt, which may be this weekend!

1 comments:

Angie said...

Wow! That is a lot of sewing. You must have gone through a lot of thread. You did a great job! Don is a lucky guy. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Post a Comment

 
Not Quite Domestic. Design by Pocket